Friday, December 18, 2009
Women and Dalit Empowerment Programme
Successful achievements of our programme intervention.
Platforms developed as An Empowered Community Based Organisation for raising the poor community issues:
- Dalit Jagruk Samiti (DJS)
- Self Help Group and Women Pressure Group
- Ekal Naari Shakti Sangathan
- Kishori Manch
- Thar Jagruk Nagrik Manch
- Balika Shikshan Shivir
- Livelihood Programme
- Beri Construction for safe drinking water
- Services given through Resource Centre, Chohatan
- Capacity building of the project staff and members of the Dalit Jagruk samiti and establishment of board and policy.
- Co-ordination between Block Level Government officials
- Advocacy on different issues at District and State level
Ø Public Distribution System
Ø Gram Seva Sahkari Samiti
Ø BPL Process and Monitoring
Ø Gender Based Voilence
Empowerment of the people both in political and material terms has taken place.
· Participation of the Dalit community in the Gram Panchayat ensured.
· Linkages with government scheme.
· Women are now empowered to participate in the panchayat and free to speak their problem, rights, government schemes, employment etc
· They can identify the problem of the community or individual.
· Now they know about how to prioritize the issue.
· They take action through Resource centre or through their own group.
· They are working as pressure group.